Totto launched its digital presence offering a huge diversity of product. As is true for many online businesses selling a diverse product mix, Totto faced problems related to cost-effectively managing its large online catalog; an e-commerce infrastructure and sales challenge intensified by limited investment resources.
Totto choose VTEX to begin its Global expansion strategy, which prioritizes a localized approach within each market. After implementing VTEX’s True Cloud Commerce platform; Totto sold more than 12 million units in different regions. Cross-border sales volume accelerated shortly after launching with VTEX in 2013, with over 1,100 units shipped cross border.
Totto’s omnichannel sales grew as distribution increased to over 5,000 retail stores. Totto also increased its international e-commerce presence to more than 30 countries. By doing so, Totto has become Latin America’s most recognized backpack brand among consumers.
By utilizing VTEX Omnichannel (POS) solutions, Totto is extending its digital reach into over 500 Totto-branded brick-and-mortar shops, outlets and retail stores. Totto’s customer acquisition and engagement results are exceeding expectations. Facebook followers now exceed 1.7 million fans.
- Totto’s e-store had lots of products in their catalog and too many online shoppers abandoned their cart
- Totto lost online sales as its previous unstable commerce platform crashed on high traffic holiday shopping days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Two years after its initial e-commerce launch, Totto’s e-store sales remained lower than projected, jeopardizing its investment model
- As a result, Totto’s overall omnichannel sales revenues were also below projections
- As site outages continued and other ecommerce infrastructure issues intensified, Totto realized technology deficiencies were stunting its growth
- Seeking new growth opportunities, Totto’s business team decided it needed a scalable solution to expand into other regions
- Totto decided to relaunch its digital commerce operations using VTEX’s True Commerce platform
- Implemented VTEX’s stable, highly scalable ecommerce platform ahead of schedule
- Simplified product catalog management by focusing on exclusive product and brand presentations
- Used VTEX’s OMS solution to solve conversion issues on high traffic holidays
- Provided a secure and convenient checkout experience by using VTEX Smart Checkout with certified PCI DSS
- Improved the post-sales customer experience (and exceeded SLAs) by providing online support for warranties, returns and customer service
- Significantly reduced shipping costs via improved post-order operations and logistics
- Totto was able to quickly launch its e-commerce operations in Chile, Ecuador, México, Guatemala and Spain
- The VTEX platform is enabling Totto to stay ahead of schedule as it expands its digital commerce presence to over 30 countries
- By relaunching with VTEX, Totto has become a globally recognized e-commerce brand
- Significantly reduced shipping costs via improved post-order operations and logistics Totto was able to quickly launch its e-commerce operations in Chile, Ecuador, México, Guatemala and Spain The VTEX platform is enabling Totto to stay ahead of schedule as it expands its digital commerce presence to over 30 countries By relaunching with VTEX, Totto has become a globally recognized e-commerce brand 1st Colombian retailer offering a one-click checkout experience - SmartCheckout™ - that increased e-commerce revenue exponentially Combined sales from just two holidays in 2013 - Black Friday and Cyber monday - exceeded Totto’s last 2 years of total e-commerce revenue
- Totto’s 2016 omnichannel sales to date are exceeding expectations via unified commerce strategies implemented through VTEX Omnichannel